Monday, Monday


Monday was very quiet. It started early with an 8 am trip down to Western Container to pick up some cardboard that they had generously donated for the 3rd year in a row. Here is a picture of Kendall loading the cardboard onto the truck for me. Now if he can just come home with me to trace and paint we'll be in good shape :)

Hawkin took care of prepping for the day since I had to pick up supplies. Our mornings start with chores that include chickens, goats, dogs, and horses before we can get to paint brushes or making papermache paste. I am always grateful for Hawk's pitch in attitude. She is Goo- , but oh so very willing to take on my load of work around the tiny farm so that I can take on her share of goo projects. The strange thing is we both feel like we come out with the good end of the deal.



Schees, Pajors, Jaya, Kavanaughs, and Millers managed to finish the bag screening, get some papermacheing completed, and start work transforming the cable reels we got last year for the Unreel event into the Tardis.

Yes, I said Tardis, not tortoise. I have received several requests for Tardis centered decorations. I have NO IDEA what a Tardis is or does, but I know I need to make one for this event.

Dan and Alyce have led the charge in requesting and thus manifesting the Tardis.
They headed up the transformation process with pictures, plans, and a willingness to take on power tools for the betterment of the community. We scraped around trying to find parts that could be repurposed into the heartbeat of this time machine.

I always love the challenge of manifesting an idea into a 3 dimensional creation. But there is an added twist when I haven't seen the item myself. I am more of a Grey's Anatomy girl than the Sci Fi sort but think it is time for me to watch an episode or two of Dr. Who.

Everyone involved in the Tardis project is accepting the parameters of a limited budget, looming deadline, and knowledge of materials. I think those parameters actually make for a more interesting piece.

Stayed tuned, the vision is revealing itself more all the time and I like what I am seeing. And (dr.) who knows... maybe I will become a scifi fan after all, then I will finally know the difference between Star Wars and Star Trek (sorry Carolyn :)

Also, never forget... glitter fixes everything.