Day 2

Friday was rainy, windy, and very productive.  Ordinarily rain during prep days can be a bummer and a logistical challenge. This year it is a chance for me to reflect on what really matters and be grateful for all that I take for granted, like rain. Green is my favorite color, and now even more so after such a devastating drought. 

While we were small in numbers, the day was also perfect because of that.  We had time to get to know each other better and I always appreciate be reminded of the strengths of this amazing group of families.  I am impressed with everyone's willingness to jump in and try a new skill, to be open about what you like, or don't like to do, to run spur of the moment errands, and to remind me of the importance of taking breaks to feed the chickens or watch a turtle eat some watermelon.

Rian traces Candyland players

Grant learns to use the jigsaw. Instant master!

Cindy and Rian caulking details before painting
We all found out that we don't want to caulk for long periods of time :)

Waiting for paint :)